In honor of Earth Day I thought I would share some of my favorite DIY cleaning products. First up is my lemon smelling garbage disposal refreshers. You can find the original recipe here.
- 3/4 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid dish soap
- 1 lemon(I like to use 2 lemons for an extra lemon small)
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper
- Small spoon or scoop(I used the pampered chef small scoop that is meant for oreo balls)
- Sealable glass jar(I bought mine for cheap at Michaels craft store)
- Gather the ingredients for making the garbage disposal refreshers. Measure and add the baking soda and salt to a small mixing bowl, and give a stir, ensuring the mixture isn’t lumpy.
- Grate the lemon peel into the mixture along with adding the liquid dish soap.
- Slice the lemon in half, and squeeze the juice into the mixture. Continue stirring and adding juice until the mixture resembles course sand, which should take around three tablespoons of juice.
- Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper, use a small spoon or scoop to mold the half rounds, and then tap them out onto the pan. A rounded teaspoon measuring spoon works wonderfully. Continue molding the refreshers until the mixture is gone. Allow to dry overnight.(Mine were still a little crumbly, but still worked fine)
- Place the dried garbage disposal refreshers in a sealable container. When your sink isn’t smelling fresh, simply place a few in the disposal, and flip the switch.