This smoothie is my new obsession! You can find the original recipe here. It’s perfect for a quick, on the go breakfast, or a healthy snack!
Ingredients: Makes about 2 cups
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 frozen (peeled) banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 Tbsp. honey (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- pinch of nutmeg
- (optional: 1/4 cup raisins)
I also added chia seeds and flax seed to mine, because I basically add those to everything I make:)
- Add oats to blender, and pulse until finely ground.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until blended and smooth. Serve immediately.
A few times I’ve forgotten to freeze a banana and it still tasted fine, just not as cold. Now if I forget, I put a couple of ice cubes in the blender with it!