I can’t remember where I got this recipe from, but it’s full of deliciousness and healthiness!!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup flax seed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds(optional)
- 1/2 cup dried raisins or blueberries(optional)
- Cook quinoa as you would rice(Basically just follow the directions on the package, using the 1 cup water).
- In small bowl, mash bananas, add the egg, carrots, oil, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In large bowl, mix the flour, flax seed, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Once quinoa is cooked fold it into the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients
- Add the pumpkin seeds and dried fruit.
- Spoon into muffin tins.
- Cook for about 30 min at 350 degrees.
- Makes about 2 dozen.
The Finished product!!
- I’ve made these many times following the directions exactly, and they are always delicious! Since I’ve gotten comfortable with this recipe I’ve started making a few modifications. This time I added a little unsweetened coconut and added chia seeds along with the flax seed. Basically I just added whatever I had lying around. I didn’t have any pumpkin seeds or dried fruit, so I just skipped that. Before I popped mine into the oven I added chocolate chips and white chocolate chips to a few of the muffins. They turned out great and such a healthy snack!