I’ve been on a health kick lately, so I have been browsing Gwyneth Paltrow’s website Goop to see if I could find a recipe that not only sounded good, but was also easy. I’m basically a cooking virgin, so I’m taking it slow! Many of the recipes on her site seem a bit too complicated for me. I’ve been cooking a lot with sweet potatoes and quinoa(I recently learned it is pronounced KEEN-wah), so this recipe caught my eye.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into 3/4 pieces
- 10 oz mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch kale, stems discarded & leaves torn into 2in. pieces
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup white wine
- Place the quinoa & 2 cups of water in a saucepan & bring to a boil. Reduce the heat & simmer, covered, until water is absorbed. 12-15min
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the sweet potatoes & mushrooms & cook, tossing occasionally, until golden & beginning to soften. 5-6min
- Stir in garlic & cook for 1min.
- Add the kale, wine, 3/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, cook, tossing often, until the vegetables are tender. 10-12min
- Serve the vegetables over the quinoa & sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- If you’re a cooking virgin like I am and had never worked with a bunch of kale before you can watch this YouTube video like I had to. There is no shame in it!!!:) I skipped the white wine in the recipe and it turned out great. The only downfall is that this isn’t a recipe that will work well as leftovers because the kale won’t reheat well. Overall delicious and my family loved it!