When I first saw this recipe I thought it seemed too hard for me….because really anything more than mixing ingredients into a bowl and pouring them into a baking dish is often too hard for me. Since I’ve been trying to better my cooking skills I decided to give it a try, and I have to admit it wasn’t hard at all. You can find the original recipe here.
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked (My box of lasagna had 10 nooodles. I didn’t want to have one left in the box, so I used all of them and there was another cheese mixture to fill all 10)
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
- 15 oz fat free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- salt and fresh pepper
- 32 oz tomato sauce (I can’t have tomato sauce right now so I substituted alfredo sauce)
- 9 tbsp (about 3 oz) part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry.
- Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese.
- Put foil over baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes 9 rolls.
- To serve, ladle a little sauce on the plate and top with lasagna roll.
- This recipe was delicious!!! I didn’t use quite as much sauce as the recipe called for because it looked like so much sauce…but wish I would have. When it cooks up you really need the extra sauce. Otherwise it was great!!! My family loved it and we will definitely be having again!