I use to cringe at the thought of sweet potatoes, but I think that was because I had flashbacks to having them for lunch in elementary school. Disgusting!! I learned I just hadn’t experienced them done properly. This recipe is seriously delicious!!
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled & sliced
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375. Pour oil into a 9×13 pan and place in the oven until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes to the oiled dish, and bake 20 min, turning after 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- After the 20 minutes are up, remove the potatoes from the oven, and sprinkle with the sugar mixture. Stir to coat. Return to the oven & roast for another 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
- When I first told my husband I made sweet potatoes for supper he turned up his nose, now it’s one of his favorite side dishes!