I’ve been trying to eat healthy and I admit these muffins are anything but that….but sometimes we just have to indulge:) I found this yumalicious recipe here.
For the Muffins:
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
For the Glaze:
3 tablespoons butter; melted
1 cup powdered sugar; sifted
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with muffin liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat together butter, vegetable oil, and sugars until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- With your mixer on low speed, mix baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and vanilla until just combined.
- Stir the flour into the butter mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour and mixing until just combined. Do not overmix!
- Spoon batter into cups, filling the cups, and smooth tops. Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until muffin tops are a pale golden and springy to the touch, 15 to 17 minutes, rotating halfway through baking time. Cool muffins in muffin tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool 10 minutes before glazing.
- To make the glaze, In a medium bowl mix together the melted butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and water. Whisk until smooth.
- When muffins have cooled slightly, dip the muffin crown into the glaze and allow the glaze to harden. Once hardened, dip a second time and allow to harden then serve.
- Muffins will keep at room temperature for about a day.