I love anything with pumpkin and I think pumpkin should be a year round dessert….not just for the fall!!! This is a super easy(and much healthier than the packaged puddings) recipe that my family loved.
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup of corn starch
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a sauce pan, add milk, brown sugar and corn starch. Whisk to combine. Bring to a boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes. It will start to thicken. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs. Whisk.
- Slowly combine half of the sugar mixture with the egg mixture, whisking constantly
- Add the egg/sugar mixture back into the saucepan on the stove with the remaining sugar mixture. Whisking the whole time.
- Bring to boil. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Pudding should be thick. Stir in pumpkin, salt and pumpkin spice.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until cooled. For individual portions, add the pudding to the cups before the set.