I never thought a vegetable could be my favorite part of my supper but this delicious recipe made it happen. My husband and I almost ate two dozen all by ourselves….in one sitting!
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups water (or vegetable broth or chicken broth)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups broccoli florets, finely diced (cooked)
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a medium saucepan, cook quinoa according to package directions. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled quinoa, eggs, broccoli, onion, garlic, cheese and paprika.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Put a heaping tablespoonful of quinoa mixture into prepared muffin cups. I used my pampered chef scoop and it worked really well.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until edges turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes and then gently remove from pan to cool completely.