Next up on my list of diy mixes is Brownies. Have you ever looked at the ingredients on the box of a brownie mix??? Full of preservatives and other things you don’t want! Stay away!! I found this easy mix here. She has tons of other mixes as well.
- 8 Cups of sugar
- 6 Cups of unbleached flour
- 2 Cups of cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. salt
Mix together in an airtight container like so…..
- 2 1/4 cups brownie mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup canola oil (or melted butter or margarine)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts or chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch square pan. Combine ingredients and mix until smooth. Bake for 30-35 minutes until center is set. Cool, cut, serve.
- try adding mint chips for choco-mint brownies.
- top warm brownies with mini-marshmallows, choco chips and some chopped graham cracker pieces for s’more topped brownies
***Beware this mix is quite thick and you will probably think you did it wrong…..but you didn’t:)