I feel like I prepare vegetables the same way for every single meal and I was getting bored. I needed something different, so I searched around for a fun way to cook zucchini and I came upon this delicious recipe.
- 1 packed cup grated zucchini (I just used 1 zucchini and didn’t even measure to see if it was actually 1 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 medium onion, minced
- 1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (I used mild cheddar because that is what we had, and it tasted just fine)
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, or use parchment paper.
- Grate the zucchini into a paper towel until you have 1 packed cup. Wring all of the excess water out of the zucchini, there will be a lot of water.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture in your hands and roll into small balls. Place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, turning halfway though cooking until golden.
These were so easy to make and so delicious!