My daughter loves pancakes so I am always looking for new and healthy recipes to make for breakfast. I found this yummy spinach recipe and modified it a little bit to be more of my liking.
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach
- 1 banana(ripe ones work best)
- 1 cup buttermilk( I actually used almond milk because we didn’t have buttermilk and they turned out fine)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon oil( I used coconut oil)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour(white flour would be fine too)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a blender, combine the spinach, banana, buttermilk, egg, and oil and blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Heat a large pan or griddle over medium heat and grease with butter or oil.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of the pancake mixture onto the griddle, making as many pancakes as will fit and cook for 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for one minute longer and serve.