I feel embarrassed saying that before today I had never roasted pumpkin seeds. Actually before high school I had never even carved a pumpkin, and the only reason I finally did was because I did it at a friend’s house. My parents weren’t super into those traditions(I’ve also never painted an easter egg!!!!). That being said…..I decided to give it a try, since we were carving a pumpkin. Pumpkin seeds are really nutritious. They are high in magnesium, omega-3s, and a lot of other things that I don’t feel like looking up:) I found this recipe here and thought it sounded delicious.
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds(didn’t actually measure, I just used whatever I got out of my pumpkin)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter(I used coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- dash of salt
- Toss seeds with above ingredients.
- Line a greased baking sheet with seed mixture and bake at 300 degrees for approximately 50 minutes.
- Stir and mix the seeds often to keep from burning and sticking.
- Bake until browned up.
- Let cool and enjoy!
These have been a yummy snack for us the last few days!