Have any of you given up caffeine(It’s been almost a year for me)? I was a certified caffeone addict and it’s been hard!! Sometimes I literally dream about having a big cup of coffee. I also have that mid-day slump that my coffee usually helped with(all psychological probably!!). I’ve been looking up recipes for energy balls and this recipe caught my eye. Basically because it has peanut butter in it, which I love. My dad, who is allergic to anything healthy, loved these! He couldn’t stop popping them in his mouth!
Ingredients: Makes about 24 balls
- 1 and 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
—I also added a little sprinkle of chia seeds.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Scoop the mixture with a small cookie scoop. I used my pampered chef small scoop.
- Place on a parchment paper baking sheet.
- Chill in the fridge until set, about 1 hour.
- Store in a closed container in the fridge.