I realized we are literally addicted to cheese. Almost every single recipe I make has cheese in it. I set out to look for some cheeseless recipes to make for supper and found this delicious recipe.
- 1 lb. ground turkey ( I actually just used beef because we didn’t have any ground turkey on hand)
- 1 ripe pear, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Pulse pear in a food processor until it is smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine turkey, pear, garlic, ginger, sage, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Shape mixture into small patties by rolling them into a ball in the palm of your hand and then flattening them. The mixture should make about 10 patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan. Add enough patties, so they are not crowded in the pan. I fit 5 in a pan at a time.
- Cook them for 4-5 minutes on the first side, until lightly browned and the patty lifts from the pan easily. Flip and cook them on the second side for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they are browned on both sides and cooked through. Move cooked patties to a plate and set aside.
- Add more coconut oil if needed and cook the second batch of patties.
Unfortunately I don’t have an “after” picture because we ate these up so fast. The pear gives these patties just a slight sweet flavor and they are so addictive!