I love mexican food!! I swear we spend so much money at Pancheros because I all of a sudden am craving a burrito and must have it now. I found this recipe and knew I had to try it.
- 4 large flour tortillas (I would use more next time and then they would roll closed better)
- ½ cup refried beans (I didn’t measure just spooned some on, which is probably why mine were so full)
- 1 cup guacamole (I didn’t measure this either, but honestly they were so much better full!!)
- 2 cups shredded chicken (see recipe below for the easy slow cooker chicken I used!)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese (I just used cheddar because that is what I had on hand)
- cooking spray
- optional: additional guacamole, salsa
- Preheat oven to 425 and grease a baking sheet.
- Lay your tortillas out on a flat surface. Spread refried beans in the middle of each tortilla. Spread guacamole on top of the beans. Add shredded chicken, then shredded cheese. Roll into a burrito.(I filled mine a bit too full so they wouldn’t fully roll. I had to hold them together with toothpicks)
- Place burritos on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the tortillas are browned and crispy. Serve warm with additional guacamole and salsa if desired.
- Mine definitely didn’t turn out as pretty as the other recipe, but they were still soo delicious!!!
Slow Cooker shredded Mexican Chicken
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low 3-4 hours.
- Take the lid off the slow cooker, shred the chicken with two forks. Give it a stir and let it sit in the juices for about 10-15 minutes before serving or using for other purpose.