I’m not a mouthwash user, but my husband is. If you looked at the ingredients that are in most commercial mouthwashes, you wouldn’t be happy! As I’ve slowly been changing out all of the products we use to safer choices I found that the more natural mouthwashes you can buy were ridiculously priced. I set out to make my own! I basically found a few recipes that sounded good and were ingredients that I already had and put them together to make something I liked. I was surprised that my husband actually loved it….and he hasn’t always liked all of my diy products:)
- 1.5 cups filtered or distilled water
- 1 tsp baking soda(works as a cleanser on the teeth and gums, neutralizes the production of acid in the mouth and also as an antiseptic to help prevent infections)
- 2 drops tea tree oil(It’s an antibacterial)
- 2 drops peppermint oil(for flavor and fresh breath)
- Combine all the ingredients into a glass bottle( I bought mine off of Amazon)
- Baking soda will settle to the bottom of the bottom so make sure to shake before each use.