I use to hate chicken…I still don’t love it but dress it up enough and I’ll happily eat it! If you love mexican food you will love this recipe! It is basically an easier version of enchiladas. Even better it is pretty low-calorie as well!
- 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 4 tortillas (I like the Trader Joes Homemade Wheat ones)
- 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked & shredded
- 1 can corn, drained & rinsed(I actually used mexi-corn instead of regular corn. I think it gave it some extra flavor!)
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed (I’m not a big bean fan so I skipped these. Next time I think I will try to put it on half for my husband)
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish and spread evenly.
- Place two tortillas in bottom of baking dish and then add another thin layer of enchilada sauce. Use a spoon to make sure all of each tortilla is thoroughly coated with enchilada sauce.
- Evenly distribute your cooked chicken on top of the sauce and tortillas.
- In a small bowl, mix together beans, corn, and onion.
- Spread the bean mixture over the chicken layer.
- Layer 3/4 cup of cheese on top of the bean mixture.
- Top with two more tortillas and another layer of enchilada sauce.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
So delicious!! My family ate it right up!