I’ve said this many times but I’ll say it again….I don’t really like chicken yet I tend to make a lot of chicken recipes for my husband who loves it. This recipe is absolutely delicious! I would make it even if my husband didn’t like chicken! It’s basically a healthier take on the classic chicken nugget.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Panko or regular breadcrumbs (I used my homemade breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves ( I didn’t have fresh so I just sprinkled on some dried parsley)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine Panko, Parmesan, garlic powder and paprika; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Working in batches, dredge chicken in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in Panko mixture, pressing to coat.
- Add chicken to the skillet, 5 or 6 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan and parsley, if desired.