I love love love pizza, so I am always trying to find healthier ways to prepare it. This is a delicious low carb pizza casserole. You can really add anything to it that you would normally put on your pizza. I love recipes that you can customize to your liking!
For the Puree:
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp heavy cream( I didn’t have heavy cream so I just used milk and that worked just fine)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 8 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
For the Casserole:
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Clean and trim cauliflower, breaking into medium sized pieces.
- Place in microwave bowl with 2 tbsp cream & 1 tbsp butter.
- Microwave uncovered on high 10min. Stir to coat cauliflower with cream and butter. Microwave another 6min.
- Remove and put in a food processor with 8 slices of pepperoni and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Puree until smooth.
- Spread cauliflower puree into an 8×8 casserole dish. Cover with 1/2 mozzarella cheese and layer with pepperoni. ( I threw in some green peppers as well)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20min.