I am not a huge seafood fan but I do love shrimp! This recipe reminds me a bit of shrimp scampi only with rice instead of noodles. It is so yummy and quite easy to make!
- 1 cup dry rice (I used brown rice)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bag (12-ounces) extra large, cooked, peeled, deveined shrimp(without tails as well! I accidentally bought some with tails. It worked, it’s just a bit more annoying)
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- shredded parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
- Prepare rice according to the directions on the box.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring very frequently. Careful not to burn the garlic.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add prepared rice to the skillet and mix until well combined.
- Add cheese, milk, parsley; mix and stir for 1 to 2 minutes, or until creamy and heated through.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.