Long time no see! Having a baby will do that to you, but I am back finally and hopefully I’ll be better about posting again. Here is one of my go to muffin recipes when I want something a little sweet, but still healthy.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup oil(I use coconut oil, but you can use canola or whatever oil you use)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup brown sugar(I’ve started substituting coconut palm sugar to make it even healthier)
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup flax seed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds( Sometimes I substitute sunflower seeds instead)
- 1/2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine water and quinoa and cook according to package. About 10min.
- In a small bowl mash bananas, add the egg, carrots, oil, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a large bowl mix flour, flax seed, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
- Once quinoa is cooked fold it into the dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Add pumpkin seeds and raisins.
- Spoon into muffin tins.
- Cook for about 30 min.
- Makes about 2 dozen.