Sweet potatoes have become my favorite thing. I use to think I hated them but I think I just had visions of the sweet potatoes I was served at school as a kid. Now that I have learned how to cook them correctly they are one of my families favorite things! We eat sweet potatoes at least a couple of times a week so I am always looking for new recipes that incorporates them. Here is another delicious and oh so easy recipe!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lbs ground beef ( can use ground turkey as well)
- 1 tsp clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup onions, diced
- ½ cup yellow pepper, diced (I added in some red peppers as well)
- 1 ½ cup sweet potato, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- Fresh parsley for garnishing
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add ground beef and garlic. Stir occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add onions and peppers and cook until onions are golden brown.
- Add the sweet potato, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Cover the skillet and cook until they are tender. Don’t forget to stir occasionally. If necessary, add more olive oil or a little bit of water to cook the sweet potato.
- When the sweet potato is tender, add shredded mozzarella cheese and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with parsley.