Let’s face it…most of us love mac & cheese, but it isn’t necessarily the healthiest choice. This recipe uses quinoa instead of noodles and adds in some healthy veggies. I love the fact that you can basically use any vegetables that you have lying around and it sneaks them in if you have children who aren’t veggie lovers.
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- veggies of choice(I use whatever I have around. This time I used red bell peppers, carrots, and mushrooms)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- Lightly saute and veggies you are using.
- Cook quinoa according to package
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a large bowl. Fold in quinoa mixture and cheese. Stir well to let cheese melt.
- Transfer to baking dish and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake 30-35min