I think we have some version of fried rice at least once a week. I love a recipe where you can basically add whatever you have leftover in your refrigerator, so feel free to modify and add whatever veggies you have and love.
- 1 head of cauliflower, (about 2½ cups chopped in a food processor)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2-1 cup sugar peas( I honestly don’t measure, I just grabbed a big ole handful)
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce (I use coconut aminos)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Rinse and chop the cauliflower into florets and put into a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower is small and resembles rice.
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom. Add onion, peas, carrots, bell pepper, and sugar peas and fry until tender.
- Slide the veggies to the side and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
- Add the cauliflower to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top. Stir to combine. Cook until heated through and cauliflower is tender