It’s finally starting to feel like fall and I love it!! With the colder temps comes pumpkin everything! This recipe sounded delicious so I decided to give it a try, and believe me it did not disappoint!! The entire family loved it! Give it a try…you won’t be sorry you did!
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (don’t use pumpkin pie filling)
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs( I just used my own homemade regular breadcrumbs. I also added a bit more breadcrumbs)
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a 13″ x 9″ baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook penne to al dente according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet oven medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add the pumpkin puree, almond milk, cheddar cheese, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, thyme, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine ingredients until cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth. Add the drained penne and stir to evenly coat noodles in the sauce. Pour into prepared dish.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a small bowl and add breadcrumbs. Stir to combine and sprinkle evenly over top of the penne. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup Parmesan and parsley before serving