I’ve been on this crazy health journey for months now. I have a list of things wrong with me, one being interstitial cystitis, which if any of you have it you know how much it sucks. Literally everything I love to eat/ drink is a big ole trigger so I have to eliminate them. Beer, wine, chocolate, coffee, tomato sauce… All gone!! So here I am on my journey and instead of taking meds I am trying to heal myself naturally. It’s a long process though! I swear my body is getting back at me for my college years when my diet consisted of easy mac and beer. I’m sorry body, but you don’t need to be so mean to me now!!! Anyways, because of all my issues I’ve been dabbling in veganism. Hoping that it might help me. I did a 2 week raw vegan challenge where I really felt great, but I don’t feel like that is something I can sustain, so instead I am just doing regular vegan. Here is a recipe I made last night for my family and everyone ate it up! Enjoy!
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 sweet pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, spiralized
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos(or soy sauce if you prefer)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute onion, pepper, garlic, and broccoli in olive oil until vegetables are just tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- Stir in sweet potato noodles and coconut aminos and stir occasionally until noodles are softened, an additional 7-10 minutes. Serve hot!