So I’ve been vegan for a few months now and my husband has been pretty understanding with the whole process. He’s loved some of my recipes and hated some of them. This has been his favorite recipe by far!! The whole family devoured it! Enjoy!!
- 8 ounces dry pasta (3.5 cups dry noodles) (I used penne noodles, but whatever you prefer can be used)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 bell peppers (whatever colors you prefer. I used two red and a green)
- 1-3 tbsp taco seasoning mix (I make my own taco seasoning)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- I can enchilada sauce
- 1/3-1/2 cup non-dairy cheese (Whatever you prefer but I like “follow your heart” brand”)
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 20 tortilla chips (about 2 handfuls), crushed
- Toppings to garnish, avocado, salsa, sour cream….
- Preheat oven to 350F. Add dry pasta to a pot of boiling water and cook for 7-8 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the pasta or it will get mushy in the casserole. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large skillet, sauté the chopped onion and peppers in the olive oil over medium heat for about 7-8 mins.
- Add the taco seasoning, black beans, and 1 cup of the enchilada sauce. Stir well and cook for another 5 mins.
- Stir in the cheese, pasta, and chopped green onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Spread 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce over the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish. Scoop on the skillet mixture and spread out evenly. Spoon on the rest of the sauce on top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 mins at 350F until heated through. Sprinkle with crushed nacho chips and whatever toppings you’d like.